At GARDA, we are committed to creating a sustainable future for our Partners – securityholders, tenants and employees – and the communities in which we operate.
While protecting the natural environment is a core focus for GARDA, our sustainability efforts are also about the well-being of our employees, responding to the needs of our tenants and achieving our long-term commercial goals.
- To actively manage the environmental impact of our established assets and operations through:
- minimising energy consumption;
- adopting renewable energy solutions; and
- reducing our water and waste footprint;
- To adopt responsible practices and materials in the design and construction of our development assets;
- To assess the climate change implications of new investment opportunities and business agreements;
- To exceed minimum standards and expectations for the safety, health and well-being of our partners;
- To provide transparent and reliable disclosure of our performance and our progress towards sustainability; and
- To pursue the above commitments under high standards of corporate governance, risk management and compliance.
We are committed to optimising our buildings, and supporting our tenants, through energy and water efficiency initiatives and, where practicable, the use of renewable energy.
We are committed to development activities consistent with a circular economy and which seek to minimise negative impacts on the locality.
GARDA is committed to a safe and inclusive workplace where we embrace family values, and where all employees have a strong sense of ownership.
Fundamental to GARDA delivering enduring (or sustainable) value is a strong financial position and ready access to capital.
We believe our sustainability impacts and activities should be transparently measured and reported, augmenting our financial reporting.